Last month’s Carnival of Aces was on the topic of Burnout, which I am accidentally staying true to by posting this wrap up like 4 days late…
We received a lot really great submissions – A big thanks to everyone who contributed! If I missed any entries or got any names wrong, feel free to leave a note in the comments.
Also, as a reminder, we are always looking for more volunteers to host the carnival – there’s no one lined up yet past February, so now is a great time to volunteer. See the masterpost for details.
Without further ado, here’s all the submissions:
- Adventures in Asexuality writes about the inevitability of burnout and how to try cope with it.
- Redbeardace writes about never-ending stress of burnout and the real impact it has on their projects.
- Lib writes about Stoic Philosophy as an approach to handling stress.
- Demiandproud writes about three specific false claims that cause them stress, and proposes strategies for how (and how not) to approach the topic of “not having sex”.
- Siggy writes about being a slow burner.
- Queer As Cat writes about the intersection of being ace and mentally ill, and their own history of burnout.
- Sara K writes about burning out as a critic of ace fiction.
- Luvtheheaven talks about engagement as the opposite of burnout.